- ¾ soy flakes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 sliced of whole wheat bread
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp of parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- 4 burger buns
- 1 medium-sized tomato, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Several lettuce leaves
Heat up two tablespoons of oil over a medium heat. Add finely chopped onion and stir-fry until translucent. Add chopped pepper and continue to cook for a couple of more minutes, or until soften.
Remove from the heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, briefly cook the soy flakes (2-3 minutes should be enough).
Drain and cool for a while. Combine the ingredients in a bowl. Use your hands to shape the burgers.
Heat up 4-5 tablespoons of oil over a medium-high heat. Fry the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Serve with tomato, sliced onion, and lettuce. Enjoy your vegan soy burgers!